
ELECTRONIC PILL BOTTLES
This is a series of emails between me, my sis and her hubby--
You must begin by reading the article below about ‘Electronic Pill Bottles’ that sparked all this.
If you've ever dealt with elderly parents or been in the position of caregiver, you will get this. We were having a goof!-t
-----Original Message-----
From: Diane
To; Phil, taree
Subject: Electronic Pill bottles
http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/06/vitality-glowcaps-smart-pill-bottle-toppers-now-available-on-ama/
Take a look at this link if you want a chuckle.
--Can you imagine what you would have done if it had emailed or alarmed you every time your dad /mom /Alan took the cap off of their pills?
LOL! It would have driven you both completely over the drink.
Read the comments for another chuckle.
~~HERE- I'VE COPIED THE ARTICLE BELOW;
-D.
“Vitality GlowCaps smart pill bottle toppers now available on Amazon
By Christopher Trout posted Jan 6th 2011 2:01PM
Pill poppers rejoice! AT&T-connected Vitality GlowCaps are finally available on Amazon. The intelligent pill caps, which use flashing lights and audio reminders, as well as phone calls and SMS, to remind forgetful patients that it's down-the-hatch time, retail between $10 and $15 a month through a Vitality connectivity service plan. Details of GlowCap's functionality were still up in the air when we got our hands on one back in March, but it looks like AT&T and Vitality have ironed out all the smart Rx kinks. Basically, your pill bottle lights up and chimes when it's time for your meds. As soon as you open the bottle, adherence data is then sent via AT&T to Vitality, who then passes that data on to you, your doctor, and any other approved party, in the form of progress reports. They're also equipped to automatically refill your prescription when the bottle gets low. Considering you still remember what that little light means when it appears (and you don't have a penchant for over-medicating), GlowCap might just save your life. We've been using ours for about a month now, and still haven't kicked the bucket -- review coming soon.”
From: taree]
Sent to: Diane
Subject: Re: Electronic Pill bottles
I'm imagining the little circus that would transpire each time the alarm on the pill bottle goes off and mom trying to figure out where that 'noise' is coming from.
Seriously. Monthly payments for my pill bottle? Give me alzheimers or give me death before I'd pay AT&T for my pill bottle.
And if they can't even figure out those simple little plastic boxes with the compartments, wtf? Can you imagine an old lady with 15 medications, and her purse going off every 15 min? She opens it up to a virtual jackpot mountain of radiant tubes.
-t
In a message dated 5/26/2011 8:38:29 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
Diane writes:
chuckle. :-)
Day 1...And which one is it?!!! Taaaareee, Taaaaareeeee, there's an alarm going off! I know its my pills! Ijust can't figure out which one! And I can't get the top off of any of them to find out! HERE! OPEN THESE!!!! ALL OF THEM!!!! MAKE IT STOP!!!!
Day 50... Criminy what is that noise! Is that my purse? Something keeps beeping. Is that the refrigerator? Is it the TV? Turn it off.
Day 100..... What alarm? I don't hear anything. What are you talking about? Leave me alone. Why are you picking on me?
-D
-----Original Message-----
From: Phil
To: taree, Diane
Sent: Thu, May 26, 2011 8:45 am
Subject: Re: FW: Electronic Pill bottles
But why stop at pill bottles? How about electronically connected lids for bottles of Ensure? That way, you could tell when/if they are getting their proper nutrients. Wire up the front door so you know if they are wandering. Every time they turn on the stove, you could get a phone call.
Hmmmmm. the more I think about this, I kinda like it.
-Phil
In a message dated 5/26/2011 8:50:29 A.M.
Pacific Daylight Time,
Diane writes:
Hmmm that stove thing would be good for me. I think we have one. Oh, wait...that's the smoke alarm.
-D
From: taree
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2011 5:46 PM
To: Phil, Diane
Subject: Re: Electronic Pill bottles
Yeah Phil, I can see you liking this! LOL- Diane, I gotta’ get me one of them ‘smoke alarms’ for my pans. -t
Day 150
Alan; "Mom can you stop your damn bottle from beeping? I'm trying to sleep."
Mom; "I don't hear anything... call taree"
Alan; "You can't hear that? It loud enough to wake the next door neighbors and it's right next to my head!"
Mom; "It's not my bottle, it's coming from your room- call taree"
Alan; "But it's not MINE it's YOURS!"
Mom; "How do you know? It's on your bedside table..."
Alan; "That's because every time you walk in here you set it down and forget it."
Mom; "How do you know it's mine?"
Alan; "It has your name on it"
Mom; "Where?"
Alan; "There- see, it says "Belardes"!"
Mom; "Belardes, who?"
Alan; "Belardes You, you nitwit."
Mom; "Me, Betty?"
Alan; "No, you JANE. Of course you- Betty. Well, ...Elizabeth"
Mom; "Is that print long enough to spell Elizabeth? Are you sure it doesn't say Alan? I don't have my glasses. Call taree"
Alan; "Where's your glasses?"
Mom; "They've been beeping somewhere else in the house for three days- I gave up, I called taree."
Alan; "There's a beeping noise that's been coming from the garage for three days, I can hear it through the wall. It's been driving me crazy... maybe you should call taree."
Mom; "Taree is in the back yard looking for whatever is beeping out there. And I've already called her. I think. I'll call her again."
Alan; "What did she say?"
Mom; "All she said was "Once was enough" She'll be here as soon as she can."
Alan, "Then come get your damn pills so they'll stop beeping."
Mom; "I don't know how to make them stop beeping- you better call taree. And how do you know they're mine, it's coming from your room."
Alan; "Forget it. Bring me my baseball bat, it's in my closet"
Mom; "What for? It's not beeping.."
Alan; "Never mind... just get it.."
Mom; "Be careful with that thing... you could crack somebody's skull"
Alan; "Don't worry about it.. call taree, tell her I made a mess, I need her help"
Mom; "What mess? I don't see any mess?"
Alan, "You must not have your glasses on. Call taree."
Taree; "What? I'll be there in a minute. I'm trying to find out what's beeping from inside the mailbox, Tell mom I found her purse. I could see her pill bottle glowing from the bottom of the pool."
Alan; "When you're done, I need you to drag a trunk in from the garage- while you're in there, turn off mom's glasses."
Taree "Give me a couple minutes. There's still something beeping out here... Shit, I think it's mom's "I've fallen and I can't get up bracelet!'"
A Minute Later:
Taree; "Alan... WTF? Give me that bat"
Alan; "Did you turn off the glasses?"
Daily News:
What's News in West Hills, California?
"Trunk found beeping at curbside by sanitation workers reveals bodies of elderly woman and son"
Curious note also found in trunk reads "Don't call taree". "Police have turned to AT&T who is trying to electronically alert the next of kin and who may also be able to shed some light on the mysterious note. -So far, no one has responded"
-taree
5/25/11
-----Original Message-----
From: Diane
To: taree, Phil
Sent: Thu, May 26, 2011 5:57 pm
Subject: RE: Electronic Pill bottles
Ok, I'm Laughing so hard, that my eyes are watering now. People think I'm crazy now.
Thanks for bringing them back to life for a few minutes! :-)
LOL!
-D
-----Original Message-----
From: taree
To: Phil, Diane
Sent: Thu, May 26, 2011 7:02 pm
Subject: RE: Electronic Pill bottles
Didn't realize you were still at work. Glad to give you a break. Hope you've left by now. We went for a swing outside. Something's beeping in the living room, but it's playing a song about a little duck at the same time.
Must go locate the baby!
-t
No comments:
Post a Comment