Saturday, January 15, 2011

Tweet Me a Story!




CAN YOU TELL A STORY IN 140 CHARACTERS?

-Contest by NYCMidnight

RULE REMINDERS ABOUT YOUR TWEET STORY
The stories must be no longer than 140 characters, including spaces and punctuation. The assigned word must be spelled exactly as it's posted. For example, if the assigned word is fast, than variations of fast such as faster, fasting, fst, fastest will not be accepted. Stories may be written any way you like (i.e. poetry, abbreviations, excessive punctuation, etc...), as long as the assigned word is included in it's entirety.

2011 Tweet contest #3 Final Round
Word; SURPRISE


Late 2 DMV. Take #. Only 1person b4 me. "My lucky day" I say, handing clerk a credit card. "Surprise! We only take debit." My life story.


The cake trembles. Frosting drips. "SURPRISE JOE!" warbles a blue haired stripper in a tarnished tiara. The old man's watery eyes smile.


"Song of the Amazon" Last chapter; "Well this is a surprise ending," Indiana muses as he slides down the python's juicy, undulating throat.

FINAL ROUND CULLS:

"I couldn't w8 to surprise you!" Lilly gushes, bursting in.
"Surprise" he wispers 2 himself, shoving the girls head away from his crotch.

Aftr Viv's encounter of the 3rd kind, not only was the sex of the baby a surprise but the # of i's, toes, noses, antennae & allegiances.

Oh baby I 4got your brthday!" He cooed. "Surprise Surprise" she thought, watching him txt the grl who's panties she'd found undr their bed.


2011 Tweet contest #3 First Round
Word: WEEKEND

"Washa wanna do thz weekend?" he slurred. "How bout you just rest while I clean up after you honey?" she spat back just b4 the bullet hit.


(Finalist)

Single mom. Same old story. No sleep. Cold food. Milk stained bathrobe. All hope of a weekend alone gone forever.

Homecoming Weekend Half time Scoreboard:
Varsity 12 - Virgins 3
Final score in 9

Culls;

Jury vote just b4 the 3day weekend finds Vi guilty of manslaughter by road rage after officer presents her crumpled license plate; PMS24-7.

"I can’t wait to tell you EVERYTHING about my weekend!" gushes her BFF. Sighing, Cora rests the receiver on her shoulder and pops in a dvd.

"What does this couples weekend mean to you honey?” he asks too sweetly.
“I can tell you to f**k off in a place you can’t hit me dear.”


2010 Tweet Contest #2

Word; ATTIC

It was cramped in Mrs. Silver's attic, but Dylan crouched, waiting to fulfill tomorrow's headline; "Millionairess Murdered for Ice."

Li stepped thru the odd attic door and fell into a sea of stars. Light years later, he finds his way home by way of a galactic basement.

In a dusty attic, among the forgotten, a secret lurks, lying in wait for the 7th son of a 7th son, on a moonlit midnight.


2009 Tweet Contest #1
Word; FATHER

Kneeling child; "Our father who art in heaven..." struggling to believe. Kneeling adult; "If only I'd found you then, I could see you now."

('Finalist')
If he botherd to be a father, he'd have spent his life surounded by childrn & love. Instead he's alone in a trailer, his toes rotting off.

Back in the day, Arlo sang of mother rapers and father stabbers... but You could get anything you wanted at Alice's Restaurant. And we did.


Here's the one that didn't make the cut because of the flippant mood I was in;

Culls:

The hand that rocked my cradle was not my biological father, but he loved me kindly & well, and sent me strongly into the world to fly high.


2009 Tweet Contest finals
Word; TEAR

Scribbled in margin of letter found in pckt of dead American soldier. "I couldn't tear this up. It was the only thing I had left of you".

It was a single tear, which, until it dropped, contained the entire story of our life together.

"If we tear the tissue, we can just sew you right back up!" said Doctor Hogwash, reaching for the gleaming stainless steel forceps.


CULLS;

“There’s a tear in the fabric of the universe,” shouted McClusky. “Let’s dive in! I see Will Ferrell!”

I tear it carefully along the dotted line. Fill in the blanks and send my baby off , along with the fee, in hopes of a winning entry.

“Can you tear yourself away from that damn porno site long enough to say goodbye?” she asked, clutching a child’s hand and a suitcase.

"LET'S TEAR THIS PLACE UP!" Screamed the guitar player as stage lights pulsed and flashed. The crowd took him literally.

“How to Kill a Man with a Tear.” A book Cindy read and had memorized by age fifteen.

'No one could tear that in half." exclaimed Grasshopper. "Ah, that is the high secret of karate!" whispered the Master.

“That was a real tear jerker!” She snorted, before flinging the unfamiliar panties found in her car, in his face, and screeching away.

© by taree Belardes

No comments: